11 hours on-demand video
The Complete GitHub Actions & Workflows Guide
Automate code testing, deployment & versioning using CI/CD workflows. Create & publish re-usable GitHub actions to the GitHub Marketplace.
What you'll Learn:
- Learn about writing serialized data in the YAML format.
- Discover conceptually what workflows and GitHub actions are.
- Learn what terms like action, step, job, event, workflow, etc.. mean.
- Discover everything you can do in a github workflow (events, schedules, filtering, environment variables, context, - encryption, matrix and more).
- Learn how docker can be used in a github workflow.
- Create a real-life CI/CD workflow for code testing, formatting, versioning and more.
- Learn how to use semantic versioning to automatically version your code in your workflow.
- Upload code testing coverage reports in your workflows using codecov.
- Use caching in workflows for faster performace.
- Learn about uploading artifacts in workflows.
- Create an action for sending slack messages using PHP.
- Learn how to publish GitHub actions in the GitHub marketplace.
What Students are Saying:
“great course, well taught.”
“wasn't expecting an intro to yaml in the first lecture, but actually it was super helpful!”
“I am an engineer at GitHub taking this course. You're doing a great job !”
“very good explanation”
“Course provides clear examples of how to use GitHub actions.”
“Its very clear and straightforward”
“O Curso é muito bom, prático, vai direto ao ponto.”
“Fantastic detail explanation. Loved it.”
“Very competent teacher with clear pronounce and clarification as well as useful practical examples.”