11 hours on-demand video
The Complete GitHub Actions & Workflows Guide
Automate code testing, deployment & versioning using CI/CD workflows. Create & publish re-usable GitHub actions to the GitHub Marketplace.
What you'll Learn:
- Learn about writing serialized data in the YAML format.
- Discover conceptually what workflows and GitHub actions are.
- Learn what terms like action, step, job, event, workflow, etc.. mean.
- Discover everything you can do in a github workflow (events, schedules, filtering, environment variables, context, - encryption, matrix and more).
- Learn how docker can be used in a github workflow.
- Create a real-life CI/CD workflow for code testing, formatting, versioning and more.
- Learn how to use semantic versioning to automatically version your code in your workflow.
- Upload code testing coverage reports in your workflows using codecov.
- Use caching in workflows for faster performace.
- Learn about uploading artifacts in workflows.
- Create an action for sending slack messages using PHP.
- Learn how to publish GitHub actions in the GitHub marketplace.
What Students are Saying:
“This course is awesome and very engaging. The instructor delivers the knowledge in a fun and easy to digest manner. Labs in this course are also a great addition.”
“Very good course, slow paced and goes from very basic concepts like what is 'yml' to create custom github actions, above my expectations!”
“I started this course because I want to participate in the activities that my team performs with github actions topics, understand more aboit CI/CD as this is my first Real work approach to this topic”
“wasn't expecting an intro to yaml in the first lecture, but actually it was super helpful!”
“Very competent teacher with clear pronounce and clarification as well as useful practical examples.”
“Perfect course, I was looking for something like this since I could not find it on youtube. Perfect course”
“Courses about well known subjects are often very good on Udemy, probably due to fierce competition. However, more niece courses, like this one, can be hit or miss. This is a definite hit. It gives a great walk through of GitHub actions. I was immediately able to apply it in my work. I enjoyed the instructions, and impressed by the depth he was able to cover. All thumbs up.”