17.5 hours on-demand video
The Complete Guide to Building Premium WordPress Themes
Create premium wordpress themes from scratch. Learn all the best practices that will get your theme approved on marketplaces like themeforest.
What you'll Learn:
- Learn how to code and create premium WordPress themes that pass the themeforest review.
- Use NPM/Yarn and Gulp to create a workflow for an efficient and a reusable Wordpress theme.
- Discover all core aspects for creating a WordPress theme.
- Learn how to create a secure and translation ready WordPress theme.
- Learn How to make your theme customizable with WordPress's Customizer API.
- Create custom WordPress widgets and integrate them with Customizer.
- Create custom post types and custom taxonomies.
- Learn about shortcodes and how to create them.
- Learn how your WordPress website can be more accessible.
- Create basic plugins and learn how to properly include them in your theme.
- Make your theme modifiable with child themes.
- Understand how things work in WordPress in a deeper way by digging into the source code.
- Create themes that are compatible with the new editor 'Gutenberg'.
What Students are Saying:
“I have been using wordpress over a year now. Made some customizations on other themes, but i have never created one from scratch. So far i had an idea of what's going on, but this course definetely helped me fully understand some things i kind of knew and other things i never knew untill now.”
“The course is amazing and the instructor resolves your questions. It´s hard to find an instructor that answers questions in Udemy. Thanks Ali.”
“Es un gran curso, he aprendido bastante, explica muy bien los conceptos y recomienda buenas practicas”
“This course is excellent!!! Very well organized and thought out. Ali does a great job of explaining everything in an easy to understand way. Excited to finish my first WordPress theme :-)))))))”
“The teacher explains the fundamentals very well. It is not just basic hello world type course, but actually designed for professionals.”
“The course had good coverage of most everything needed to create a WordPress theme. I liked that emphasis was placed on accessibility and translation. There have been changes to Gutenberg so maybe adding an update for that.”
“So glad I purchased this course - not even 1/4 of the way through and have learned so much! I had some knowledge of WordPress and creating themes, but was wanting to round out my knowledge and this is perfect - thank you!”
“Very smart instructor. I like the automating development workflow with NPM and Gulp. This is beyond expectation.”
“must take course for those who wish to learn WordPress and explore about various themes and lot”